Verisign, a global leader in domain names and internet security, enables internet navigation for many of the world’s most recognized domain names and provides protection for websites and enterprises around the world. Verisign ensures the security, stability and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including .com and .net domains and two of the internet’s root servers, as well as performs the root-zone maintainer function for the core of the internet’s Domain Name System (DNS). Verisign Security Services include intelligence-driven Distributed Denial of Service Protection, iDefense® Security Intelligence and Managed DNS.
- Founded in 1995
- NASDAQ: VRSN
- CEO: Jim Bidzos
- S&P 500 Company
- Business Units: Domain Name Services and Security Services
- Headquartered in Reston, Va.
- 2016 Revenues: $1.14 billion
- Approximately 990 employees globally
- Additional locations in Delaware, Switzerland, India, England, China and Australia
- Verisign is part of the Standard and Poor’s 500 index.
- Verisign manages two of the world's 13 internet root servers, a.root-servers.net and j.root-servers.net.