As the global leader in domain names, Verisign powers the invisible navigation that takes people to where they want to go on the Internet. For more than 15 years, Verisign has operated the infrastructure for a portfolio of top-level domain names that today include .com, .net, .tv, .edu, .gov, .jobs, .name and .cc, as well as two of the world’s 13 Internet root servers. Verisign’s product suite also includes Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection Services, iDefense Security Intelligence Services and Managed DNS. To learn more about what it means to be Powered by Verisign, please visit VerisignInc.com.
- Founded in 1995
- NASDAQ: VRSN
- CEO: Jim Bidzos
- S&P 500 Company
- Business Units: Domain Name Services and Network Intelligence & Availability
- Headquartered in Reston, VA
- 2013 Revenues: $965 million
- Approximately 1,100 employees globally
- Additional locations in Delaware, Switzerland, India, England and Australia
- Verisign is part of the Standard and Poor’s 500 index.
- Verisign manages two of the world's 13 Internet root servers, a.root-servers.net and j.root-servers.net, considered national IT assets by the U.S. Federal government.